Healthy students perform better in school and have better attendance. They will be better prepared academically and be fit to learn if they maintain good health practices. Having up-to-date physical examinations and immunizations will help assure that our children are ready and physically able to do well in school. Children must have proof of required immunizations and health exams, or they will face exclusion from school. Please remember that a healthy child is a healthy learner.
We hope to assist our students and families by providing the following information regarding CPS health requirements and resources available to you here at Kenwood and in the Chicago area. Click here for the Medical Information sheet as is pertains to immunization requirements. (Spanish version-Click here)
Student Health Services at Kenwood – Services are available to meet CPS medical compliance standards; which include FREE school physicals and immunization, in most cases.
· Our health providers include The University of Chicago Pediatric Medical Mobile Unit (students are seen on campus), Beethoven Clinic (affiliate of the University of Chicago), and the City of Chicago (immunizations only).
· For more information please contact Mrs. Robinson via email: firstname.lastname@example.org You will be provided documentation of services received, and a copy will be kept on file here at Kenwood.
· These health services do not address acute illness, but will provide referrals if needed.
1. If your family would like support in obtaining health care insurance, please contact the CPS Children and Family Benefit Unit (CFBU) for more information. (773-553-KIDS)
2. The Chicago Department of Public Health Fast
Track Clinics provides IMMUNIZATIONS at
no charge for children 0‐18 years of age. Call for details;
Roseland WIC 11255 S. Michigan (773.785.1173) / Uptown Health Center 845 W. Wilson (312.742.3227) / Lower West WIC 1643 W. Cermak (312.747.1650) / Englewood Health Center 641 W. 63rd St. (312.745.1000) / Greater Lawn WIC 4150 W. 55th St. (312.747.5416)
3. You can also locate a neighborhood health clinic that provides quality health care on a sliding scale.
Englewood - UIC Miles Square 641 W. 63rd St. (888.724.0116) / Roseland - Aunt Martha's 200 E. 115th St. (877.692.8686) / South Lawndale Women and Children - Circle Family 3059 W. 26th St. (773.379.1480)
4. Many Walgreens and Target Stores now have walk-in clinics which provide school physicals and immunizations. Call your nearest Walgreens or Target Store for details and/or locations.
CPS VISION CLINIC - CPS vision services, which include FREE eye exams, eyeglasses, and follow-up care are available as well. Services are available through out the year. Contact Ms. Robinson for details. (email@example.com / 773-535-1223)
*Kenwood Academy H.S. Nurse’s Office : 773-535-1396 / Main Office: 773-535-1350